Our overall focus in this blog is evangelical but we recognise that many evangelical teachings on sexuality are harmful and demeaning to sexuality. We embrace Christian Egalitarianism and reject complimentarianism, purity teaching and anything that diminishes the callings, giftings or leadership of women in the church or denies that they have sexual needs or desires.
We believe that God created sexual pleasure to be enjoyed by Christian singles as well as married couples and that godly believers are empowered through the gift of sexual pleasure to live pure, holy, upright and fulfilled lives of singleness in service to Him.
Our core principles and beliefs in faith are:
- The Bible is God’s inspired Word to all people. It is therefore completely truthful and provides guidance for our everyday lives.
- God is a triune being consisting of three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Although they serve different functions, each is equal in power and authority. God is eternal, always has been, and always will be.
- God is omnipotent and omnipresent, all knowing, unchanging, fully worthy to be trusted and utterly holy. In Him we live and move and have our being. God is good, loving, compassionate and faithful to His people and His promises.
- Jesus Christ is fully human and fully God. He is the only way to be fully reconciled to God. He lived a perfect blameless life so that He could be the substitutionary atonement for all of our sins. In resurrection he defeated death so that His people can live with the promise of eternal life.
- The Holy Spirit assures us of our relationship with Jesus Christ through His presence and he guides us in all truth and exalts Jesus. He is the convicter of sin, comforts us, grants us spiritual gifts for service in the church and makes us more like Jesus.
- Each human person is created for eternal existence, either separated from God in Hell or unified with God in Heaven after his/her life on earth. Unrepentant sinful living is the means by which we become eternally separated from God; His gift of salvation and forgiveness assures us of eternal glory ruling and reigning with Him.
- Human people are created in God’s image and are the supreme objects of His creation. Humans were created to be in fellowship with God but became separated from Him through sin and disobedience. Humanity cannot aspire to right relationship with God through their own effort, but only through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ upon the cross of Calvary. Every human person is created completely uniquely and is worthy of respect and Christian love.
- The blood of Jesus Christ shed upon the cross of Calvary possesses the sole means of salvation through forgiveness of sin. Salvation is the process by which people instigate faith in Jesus’ death and resurrection as wholly sufficient payment for their sin. Salvation is a free gift from God that no person can earn from their own works.
- The Church is the body of Christ and is made up of believers who engage and participate fully in the sacraments of the Lord’s Supper and believers’ baptism by full immersion. Each member of Christ’s body participates in a local assembly that upholds and propagates the teachings of Jesus and obeys all of his commands and fulfils the Great Commission by taking the Gospel message to the world. The intention is to work in love and unity towards the ultimate superior purpose of glorifying Christ.